Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ravellenics

I had hesitated on joining in on the Ravellenics games this year because of all of the sewing and customer knitting and crocheting that I needed to get done. Not only did I join Team SHERlocked for Ravellenics,  I joined Team 221B for NerdWars (first year doing this one) but that is another post. :-)

I'm extremely glad I joined in on Ravellenics and very happy I found Team SHERlocked. They are a great group of people. Joining the team and competing in the games I've been motivated to finish 6 WIP projects (so far) and start/finish 3 new projects. Here's the photos of the ones that are done so far.  I'll try and post more about these projects later.

Tam of Rassilon by Ellen Hyde
1840s Double Knitted Scarf
Men's Scarf in Tunisian Crochet
by MorganAside/KayFig
Men's Scarf in Tunisian Crochet
by MorganAside/KayFig

Salter Path
by Melissa J. Goodale
Tunsian Crochet Boys' Vest

Tunisian Crochet Boy's Vest
Ladies' Knitted Under Petticoat
Godey's Ladies' Magazine
Easy Mobius Cowl
by Haley Waxberg



Now, as of this afternoon, I have 12 projects listed as WIPs (work-in-progress). That doesn't include the two sontags I've got started and one scarf that I forgot to put in when I started it (about 2 years ago, I think). Five of the WIPs I have in Ravelry are "placeholders", projects that I put in that aren't actually started yet. The other seven are projects that are in various states of completion. Two are Chester County Soldier's Socks. One pair has the legs done, the other only the cuffs. There's a red 1840's scarf that may never get done. A Circular Cape in Princess Royal stitch (patterns a Tunisian crochet pattern from the 1860s), it just needs the fronts attached to the cape, the neck edge finished and buttons. A pair of modern socks for my dd. A pair of mitts that only has one done. And finally, a shawl that I cast on for the Ravellenics/Nerd Wars. I don't think it will be finished for Ravellenics since it ends tomorrow, but I should be able to finish it by the end of the month for Nerd Wars.

I'm off to sew now and try and finish one more WIP for Ravellenics tonight.  Have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are fantastic! I am such a slow knitter I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete